Payment & Finances
|Important Notice: In order to secure your place in any IFR field school, a nonrefundable deposit fee is required. Deposit payment may only be made after your application was approved by the field school director(s).|
- Costs of instruction
- Costs of your room & board. In most field schools, your meals during the weekend are not covered but the cost of accommodations are. Look at the field school syllabus for details
- Costs of your credit units and two transcripts
- All local transportation
- For all international programs, the full costs of your Health, Political & Natural Disaster Evacuation and Accident Insurance
- A single IFR T-Shirt
YOUR TUITION DOES NOT COVER:
- Costs of travel to- and from field school meeting point as described in the program syllabus
- Travel insurance for airline tickets
- Costs of entry visa (if any) to the country in which the field school will take place
- Costs of immunizations or prescribed medication
- Personal expenses for items such as gifts to family & friends, phone calls, etc.
- For all programs in the US the IFR cannot purchase short term health insurance on your behalf. Proof of health insurance is required.
Payments may be made by check, cashier check or through our online payment system. All payments must be made in US Dollars. Pay stubs for check payments are required and students will be able to download pay stubs from their folder once admitted to the program.
- Check Payment: If you choose to pay by check or cashier check, please make it payable to the “Institute for Field Research”. Write your program name and program on the memo line.
- Credit Card Payment: The IFR accepts all major credit cards. A 2% Processing fee is automatically charged to all online transactions.
- Cash Payment: Student may pay by cash by personally coming to the IFR offices. Mailing of cash, even via secure couriers is strongly discourage. The IFR will not be responsible for any cash lost when send to our offices.
- Bank Transfers: At this time, the IFR is unable to accept bank transfers.
- Returned checks incur an automatic $29.00 Returned Check Fee
For US Citizens: At this time, the IRS does not allow non-university academic institutions to issue a 1098-T tax forms. Although students receive academic credit units through our partner universities, students do not matriculate there and therefore, cannot receive 1098-T forms from them.
All other Nationalities: Please contact the IFR with questions about tax deduction possibilities in your home country.