In order to secure your place in a field school, a nonrefundable deposit fee is required. Please note that you can pay the deposit payment only after your application was approved by the field school director(s). Payments differ by program.
YOUR TUITION COVERS:
- Costs of instruction
- Costs of your room & board. In most field schools, your meals during the weekend are not covered but the cost of accommodations are. Look at the field school syllabus for details
- Costs of your credit units and two transcripts
- All local transportation
- For all international programs, the full costs of your Health Insurance and Political & Natural Disaster Evacuation Insurance
- A single IFR T-Shirt
YOUR TUITION DOES NOT COVER:
- Costs of travel to- and from field school meeting point as described in the program syllabus
- Travel insurance for airline tickets
- Costs of entry visa (if any) to the country in which the field school will take place
- Costs of immunizations or prescribed medication
- Personal expenses for items such as gifts to family & friends, phone calls, etc.
- For all domestic programs, the IFR cannot purchase a short term Health Insurance on your behalf. A proof of health insurance is required.
Payments may be made by check, cashier check or through our online payment system. All payments must be made in US Dollars. Pay stubs for check payments are required and students will be able to download pay stubs from their folder once admitted to the program.
- If you choose to pay by check or cashier check, please make it payable to the “Institute for Field Research”. Write your program name on the memo line.
- The IFR accepts all major credit cards. Please remember that payments by credit cards incur a fee – publicized on the “Student Fees” section of each field school. In general, payments by check or cashier check save about $100 off the tuition
- Returned checks incur an automatic $29.00 Returned Check Fee
FINANCIAL AID RECIPIENTS
- Please carefully read our Financial Aid Section
- Financial Aid recipients that submitted all financial aid documents by the appropriate deadlines are exempt from the final payment deadline
- Financial Aid recipients must pay their program balance in full at least ten (10) days prior to the program start date